Old announcements can be reached by clicking here.
Congratulations to the 2018-2019 Homecoming Court!Joseph Han Hailey BohrerEvan Handy Grayson JahangiriBryan Decarlo Zoe BrownMatthew Watson Jennifer GodoyRyan Frohman Jessica San BuenaventuraFrank Aidoo Helen SnyderMoises Zelaya Sabrina WolvertonEmil Opare Karly StepekMatt Walsh Riana HicksDaniel Feliciano Kaya JamesPARENTS! We need some help at Homecoming!Can you spend a few hours helping out at the Homecoming dance?Ms. Keres needs you! Click here for the signup genius.Thanks!Last chance for senior portrait for the yearbook!Senior Portraits are scheduled by student on October 23 and 25.If you don’t know when your appointment is,you can find out by looking on the list postedon the outside of the Main Office Window.All appointments are here at GHS.There is no fee to only have your portrait included in the yearbook.There is a fee charged to take more than one type of photo.Please see Mrs. Donner in the Business Office if you haven’ttaken your Senior Portrait and your name is not on the list or if you have any questions.Announcements for October 23
Forever Sisters meets tomorrow during lunch in room 1104. New members are welcome.
- On Thursday, October 25th SADD will be holding their annual “Rock the Belt” Campaign. SADD members will be wearing Crime Scene Tape seatbelts to remind everyone to buckle up every time. Join us in the Cafeteria PIT at lunch to get a belt and help spread the word.
- There will be a meeting for Spanish Honors Society TOMORROW, 2018 during lunch in room 3007.
- In acknowledgement of Digital Citizenship Week, this week's announcements will include reminders about making good choices when using technology. Today, remember that everything you do online leaves a "digital footprint" that can be tracked. Because everything you post is virtually permanent, be sure to keep your posts positive!
As previously announced:
- Students and staff interested in making up their year book photo, Lifetouch will be returning on Monday November 5th. Students who are interested make sure to go during your social studies class. Staff may go anytime.
- Please be advised in order to purchase Homecoming tickets starting on Oct.15th you must be obligation free. Check with the business office. Homecoming tickets are going on sale starting Oct 15th thru the 25th.
- Para recibir almuerzo gratis o precio reducido este año escolar, los estudiantes deben completar un formulario y devolver el formulario que recibieron en su clase de matemáticas a la oficina principal. Las formularios deben presentarse ahora para que se aprueben antes del 17 de octubre. Si los estudiantes no presentan una nueva solicitud para este año escolar a tiempo, serán responsables del costo total del almuerzo, que es de $ 2.80. Por favor vea a la Sra. Donner en la oficina principal si tiene alguna pregunta.
- Seniors, are you interested in exploring real world opportunities. Come by Ms. Shaws room in 3040 for an application for internships in Marketing, Politics, Human Resources and more! Come out and find your calling! Opportunities available at Asbury Methodist Village and with the Marc Elrich campaign team!
- Rho Kappa applications due by Ocotber 31st. Please see Mr. Tsou in room 1118 for any questions.
- An opportunity to get SSL hours! Come out and join the Interact Club for a fun activity where students will be shoveling, transplanting flowers, lining flower beds and using hand tools. Dress comfortably! Bottled water and snacks will be provided. This opportunity will be held on Sunday October 28th at 10AM. Meet at Asbury Methodist Village located at 301 Odendhal Ave., Gaithersburg, MD 20877. We will be working until 4PM. Join us!! We will be holding an informational meeting on October 23rd about this event. Please join us in room 1115 at lunch to learn more.
- Do you know someone affected by breast cancer? October is breast cancer awareness month. The science national honor society will be holding a fundraiser to benefit the Susan G. Koman breast cancer foundation from October 15th thru October 26th. All proceeds will be donated to help advance research, promote and provide regular screenings and treatments, and to make progress in the mission to end breast cancer. During lunch, you can purchase pink breast cancer ribbons, bracelets, and candy. Ribbons are $1, Bracelets are $2, and Breast cancer bags are $3 or $5. Please show your support and help in any way you can to help in the fight against breast cancer.
- Boys' Basketball Tryout Information Meeting on Wednesday, October 24th at 11:20 in Gym. Please be on time. There will be an informational meeting about a trip to Paris and Barcelona this June 2019. The meeting will be on Tuesday, October 23rd at 6 pm in room 3074. Please see Mr. Payne if you have any questions.
- THE BOYS VARSITY SOCCER TEAM IS UNDEFEATED! Watch for the playoff schedule! Gaithersburg High School Premier Booster group - La Barra Azul is selling t-shirts for sale $10 - Check with Saul Rodriguez or see Mrs. Henneman in room #1125 at lunch.